Finally some time!

Between work, BLUE, birthdays and Christmas car time has been severely limited over the last month or so.

Finally got some shed time and made some good progress.  Step one was cleaning up…………..

IMAG0072

And then that day was over…….   The bigger the shed, the bigger the mess 😦

Got the rest of the chassis jig finished, aligned and all welded up, ready for the body work and cage.

IMAG0077

Now that the car is all straight and locked into place, work started on the front end.

IMAG0082 IMAG0074

At this point, it was getting late, and the final steps for the front end involved hammers, grinders and an assortment of other noisy gear, so I switched to design mode…

Started planning out seating position and spare tyre mounting locations.

IMAG0075 IMAG0076 IMAG0080

One of the rules that has changed since I last gravel rallied is that you are now allowed to add flares and other fibreglass parts to the car, if the car is over than 10 years in age.  Part of this allows you to remove 75mm of the original metal, for tyre clearance, so I started marking out where that would be, to see how it will all fit together.  The inner most line is where I’m allowed to cut out, the outer line is the maximum extremity of where the flares can extend to.

IMAG0083 IMAG0084

More tomorrow night I hope 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s