Month: September 2015

Feeling good, large chunks of progress

While the paint inside the car is dry, I want to leave it to hard a bit more before I do too much inside, so it was time to do some work underneath.

Got the fuel tank in, and fuel pump mounted.


Got the rear subframe all in, shocks mounted, tyres on, fuel pump and regulator plumbing done!


Plumbed the line from the subframe to the car.


Mounted the jack, wheel brace and spare tyre mount.


Got droop?

As it turns out, I could have gotten another 30mm of droop out of it before the driveshaft hits the subframe ūüė¶ ¬†Oh well, we¬†will see how it handles, and if I feel that I need it, I’ll get a quote on getting some more out of it when they are over east being serviced in the future. ¬†I already have a lot more travel than the ‘standard’ S15 MCA setup, maybe I’m just being greedy now….


Starting to work on the lines from the fluid reservoirs to the masters.  Will mount the pedals in this weekend! (they are just sitting there right now)


Pedal box re-assembled

The repainted pedal box is all dry, so I put new bearings in all of the pedals, and reassembled it all.

IMAG0661 IMAG0660

As soon as the paint inside the car is completely dry then I can do the brake lines from the pedal box to the rest of the car.

Got some more of the front end parts painted black and assembled on the car.

IMAG0659 IMAG0657

First parts bolted BACK ON!


Its been so long removing things, and pulling everything apart, for the first time something is being bolted back on for the final time!

IMAG0614 IMAG0616 IMAG0620 IMAG0621


Gave the wing a covering with undercoat, now to sand it all off again to make it all smooth…..



Made up a little mount for the external canisters for the suspension, and started mounting the brake fluid reservoirs.


Electricity and paint

Started work on the alternator mount.  Just need to get a belt this week then I can keep going on this.



Throttle cable arrived, so I setup the throttle bodies on the manifold, cable holder etc.




Then did the second and final coat on the underbody!  The flash in the pics make it look orangy, its more red in real life.



All of the underneath is now 100% complete!