Rear suspension arms, version 2

Started version 2 of the lower control arms, lighter and stronger.

IMAG0238

Since building the other arms, the rims have changed and I have widened the track a bit more, so these needed to be longer.

Have also started on all of the other arms in the rear of the car.  I don’t have a bender for the smaller diameter moly tube, so version 1 of this arm is just a modified stock arm.

IMAG0237IMAG0233

Coming together.

IMAG0236

Also started on the spacer for the drive shafts.  As its a bit wider than stock, it needs longer drive shafts.  Again, version 1 is going to be an adaptor, version 2 will happen when I find some longer shafts that will fit these CV joints.

Started with a square billet of alloy, and then started the process of removing 80% of it….

IMAG0232  IMAG0234  IMAG0259 IMAG0263

And finally, all fitted up.

IMAG0266

Managed to find a front bumper for $10, very happy with that price.  It was snapped in half, but nothing some fibreglass, screws, bits of metal and body filler can’t fix!  This will be the buck, will take a mold of this and then make a nice light front bumper.

IMAG0286

And I still hadn’t finished cleaning up the shed that I started last weekend, so did a bunch more of that too.

This is the first time I’ve seen the top of this bench in years!  Thanks wifey.

IMAG0260

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s