It’s been a while, and I am still here!
The last few months have been working on the Falcon for the big event next month. I’ll be back mid May, and then things will start up again in anger!
Over that time I did get a couple of little jobs done on weekends when the Falcon was at other workshops…
Most of the tar and sealer have been cleaned off from the passenger side.
Various parts of the interior metalwork have been removed temporally to fit the cage. These will be replaced one the cage is welded in.
Left side has been removed, so allow access to the rear strut to, where the cage will mount to. Right side is still in place.
I made the re-enforcement plates for the floor where the main hoop will attach.
Then made a prototype of an axle stand, that fits into the side of the car
The tube poking out of the stand will fit into tubes welded into the side of the car.
First job was to drill the holes into the side of the car.
Only to find out that your hole saw is not long enough to make it all the way through…..
No problems, just cut an old one in half, and weld a peice of chrome-moly tube in the middle, to make it longer 🙂 Shows the before and after
On the inside, the tube that pokes out the side of the car was first welded onto this plate, then the plate was welded into the car.
Meaning that from the outside you get this.
There will be another plate welded on around this tube on the outside, then it will be ground flat.
The end result is something that looks like this
Until next month!