This update starts with reflections.
Strange reflections that is…
Jo is hogging the garage with two of her cars, so my girls are sleeping together in the shed.
Onto the real progress. Most of the time was spent doing interior panel work.
This one is in the rear of the car (just behind where the front seats would be.
Did more panel work on the dash…
I have also made the removable alloy panels for the top of the dash and the passenger foot-well area.
The alloy panel for the top of the transmission tunnel is also done, and I have completed the templates for the sides of the tunnel – I’ll get those cut out as soon as I can scab some more alloy sheet.
These will then need to be welded together.
I mocked up the dash pad, to make sure its all going to fit back as planned. All is well 🙂
Now that all the interior panel stuff around the has been done, it was time to remove the motor so that I could get inside and finish welding up the tube work and panels. And after 2hrs of welding non-stop, its almost done. A few bits need to be ground down – but I’ll leave that for a time when its not so late at night.
These last pictures, while they are good progress, they are almost depressing – I’m almost back where I was a few months ago now the engine is out again….
At least from here, its a bit of grinding, a little more welding, then I could actually start preparing and painting the frame and panels.
I think first though I need to complete the very front end tubing (around the headlights and front bumper). I was going to leave this part till later, but I really should do it now (Do it right the first time!). I’ll then need to work out the radiator and inter-cooler mounts, then I can start painting!
Until next time…